Min 1: How to Exercise during old age
Benefits of exercise at any age cannot be over exaggerated. Studies show that older people who have a healthy and active lifestyle are less likely to fall ill and lead a happy life. Exercise thus becomes very important especially during this phase of life. Some of the key benefits of exercising regularly are:
- Reduces Risk of Heart Attack and heart-related diseases.
- Helps in regulating high blood pressure, Type 2 Diabetes and Stroke.
- Regular exercise also ensures an improved body balance and fewer chances of accidental fall which is highly common during old age.
- Contrary to common belief, exercising regularly reduces the risk of developing arthritis, osteoporosis and back pain.
- It ensures overall well-being and a great sense of self-worth and self-esteem.
- Overall a good exercise helps in proper blood circulation, increased muscle strength, good bone health and a healthy brain.
How Much Excercise should be enough for senior people
Ideally, a 30-minute daily routine should be enough however it depends totally on your overall health conditions and your willingness. If you are starting up then take it slow and increase your pace gradually. Make sure that your exercise routine has a mix of aerobic activity, strengthing exercises and relaxing exercises. You can also join a Yoga club and start with Simple walking routine of 15-20 min every day. Make sure that you do yoga under a trained professional. You can also start with simple daily chores like:
- Riding a bike/Cycle to the nearest grocery store.
- Mowing your lawn
- Dancing activity
- Playing a sport you like
- Doing household chores like picking up shopping, grinding etc
If you have problems in standing up or maintaining balance, you can opt for many simple seated exercise like:
Heel Raises: Keep your toes on the floor and raise your heel (repeat 10-15 times)
Wall Push-ups: Place our hands on the wall, keep a space 3 feet between the wall and you and lean forward (Repeat 10-15 times)
Sit-ups using chair: Hold the chair from the above properly with your hands and the take the seating position by half bending your knees. (Repeat 10 times)
One side balance with chair/wall: Place one hand on the wall/Hold the chair, stand at 2 feet distance and then lean towards the wall using the upper body.
Hand exercises like Grip practice, Hand rotation etc are very easy and highly effective. Above all, consult your doctor and have a clear knowledge about your health condition. Go sensibly about your exercise regime and whenever you feel dizzy, uneasiness, chest pain or shortness of breath immediately take medication, consult your doctor and do not neglect. Add to your healthcare and get info at https://www.medisupps.com/medicare-supplement-plans-2020/ for a supplement plan.